Saturday, August 13, 2011

Birthday gift ideas

Birthday is coming up and it is time to choose the gifts. Obviously more orchids.
I am thinking about:
Ascocenda Princess Mikasa 'Mood Indigo' from here:
http://www.orchidsinourtropics.com/vanda_.html

It supposed to easily bloom 2-3 times a year. That would be wonderful.

Or maybe Ascocenda Suksamran Sunlight from the same place.


Or maybe both of them plus couple phal species?

But then I found this expensive but beautiful Vanda Kultana Fragrance from here:
http://www.jsorchids.com/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=67

or maybe interesting cross of Vanda lamellata x Vanda Mimi Palmer
from the same place.
Oh bother... Should I just get them all?!

13 comments:

  1. All pretty but I really like the first two.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get them all! When is your b-day? Mine is today, the 15th! I turned 16!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Mine is on 24th. Did you get any orchids for your b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ordering four phals from Kingfisher Orchids in BC for $300. I am getting Phal. Joy Spring Canary 'Rainbow World,' John Ewing 'Seagrove,' tetraspis 'C#1,' and bellina ('Ingrid Ohh' x 'Joy') he might be a tad expensive, but he has TONS of hard to get, high quality cultivars of many different novelty phals. He also has a great breeding line! All in all i would recomend him to ANYONE, he is a very honest man and informed me that one plant I was originally going to get just tested positive for a virus, so I was able to pick a different plant. I fear he will cause me to go bankrupt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got their catalogue, they are fast to respond. Wow! You might cause my bankruptcy now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muahahahahahaha!!!! I just love enabling, and Patrick certainly deserves it! I have a friend from my local orchid society that knows how to stem prop, and the tetraspis 'C#1' is blooming sized, so if it has more that one spike, I think I might sacrifice one so I can have more to sell. I want to do it for the other plants that I get, but it will be VERY difficult to sacrifice an inflorescence, especially when I want to do breeding with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tetraspis 'C#1' marked as SOLD in my version of cataloque. It is probably the most exciting phal because of random red appearance. I am looking at two equestris species - alba and 'Blue', would be nice to get them. I already ordered 7 plants, some phals and vandas, so adding these might be a bit excessive. Or maybe I should order 3 more to make it nice even number 10:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, your catalog is different than mine . . . ? Would you mind sending it to the email address on my blog? :D I think you should order 3 to make it even, as I am a little OCD when it comes to symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forwarded an email with catalog. It was actually in an email about the tetrapsis being sold. So probably you have the same one, just you bought the last one available plant?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably. I sent an availability and shipping inquiry. If my selection is there and shipping is not horribly expensive, I will get some more phals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked two equestris species (var. alba and 'Blue') and Phal. Kuntrarti Rarashati ‘Copperstate’.

    ReplyDelete