This cute plant with bunch of healthy roots arrived together with Vanda denisoniana below. I am pretty sure on the advertisement picture it had dark solid flower not yellow with dark pattern, but at the time of packing or transition flower dried up and got lost. Now I need to wait for a new bloom to confirm it. So here it is - Phalaenopsis cornucervi with two spikes.

I know by now that Phal cornucervi continues to bloom on the same spikes, I should not cut them off. Also I really hope that these spikes would stay not yellowing as it happened to my Phal bellina. For now it looks like a little swan in the lake of sphagnum :).
Advanced orchid growing.
ReplyDeleteHealthy plant. The dark solid color is special variant. Really hard to get the dark solid in the market. Here in my country, there are a lot of variants, but so difficult to get the perfect color and shape.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am not 100% sure it is dark, because nothing in the description indicated that and plant came without blooms, but listing picture had this exact plant, I think, with dark flower.
ReplyDeleteWell, honestly, I will be happy to see any blooms it can give me :)