Phal. violacea var. coerulea R.I.P.-ed almost instantly.
Phals amboinensis, violacea var. mentaway, tetraspis and lueddemanniana progressing well growing new leaf and/or new roots:

Phals gibbosa, parishii and panterina lost some old leaves and do nothing, except that parishii managed to get mealies into the growing point and had to go through whole wiping and isolation process:

I am starting to realize that small seedlings are probably not the best purchasing option and requires a lot of patience with orchids. At least now I am instinctively looking for b.s. or n.b.s. mark when searching for the plant I want.
Great photos. Do you only use spagnum moss for your seedlings? No soil at all? Do you use a greenhouse to raise the seedlings?
ReplyDeleteYep, just moss, no soil. Orchids in general don't like to grow in soil, they prefer more airy medium and seedlings are no exception. I don't have a green house yet, but this guys seem to be ok in regular home environment.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog.
How long will it take to get some flower spikes? I have a seedling that is about 1 year old with no spikes. Looks healthy otherwise.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, thanks for stopping by my little blog project.
Oh, mine are probably couple years before blooms... There are some species and hybrids that bloom on very small plants and even on one year old keikies (phal. equestris comes to mind). Do you know the name of your seedling baby?
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed the pics of your garden and your home is just lovely.