The actual name on the tag is C. aurantiaca 'SVO' 4N x L. angereri 'Peter T.' and it is supposed to have bright red flowers. It is the tallest of all my cattleyas.
Wow, this plant might not get much taller, but it is going to have a huge inflorescence! A well grown Gur. (C.) aurantiaca can have around a dozen flowers clustered near the end of the inflorescence, while L. angereri, a rupiciculous Laelia can have an inflorescence around a foot tall with around a dozen blooms! I am SOOO looking forward to seeing this one bloom!
Wow, this plant might not get much taller, but it is going to have a huge inflorescence! A well grown Gur. (C.) aurantiaca can have around a dozen flowers clustered near the end of the inflorescence, while L. angereri, a rupiciculous Laelia can have an inflorescence around a foot tall with around a dozen blooms! I am SOOO looking forward to seeing this one bloom!
ReplyDeleteYes, me too! I also liked the bright color of blooms shown on the vendor's website. Now, I am not sure about "well grown", but will try my best :).
ReplyDeleteYou'll do fine! These two parents are pretty hardy 'chids!
ReplyDelete