Friday, October 14, 2011

More cattleya seedlings

Although I wasn't going to buy more catts, when I saw these on ebay, somehow I forgot that I am all set with cattleyas. I bought three small seedlings:
one Bc. Little Mermaid 'Janet'
one Lc. Blue Grotto 'Takagi'
and one Lc. Canhamiana v.coerulea 'Azure Skies'
When I opened package, I found:
three small plants of Lc. Blue Grotto 'Takagi';
three plants of Lc. Canhamiana v.coerulea 'Azure Skies';
and two Bc. Little Mermaid 'Janet'!!!
Wow! I was promised a bonus plant, but didn't expect to get that many...
They all potted into chc and we'll see who will survive to earn individual label in the log:

3 comments:

  1. Okay, first: LUCKY YOU!!! Second: YOU FOUND ORCHIDS ON E-BAY FROM CANADA?!?!? Third: I would DIE for a Bc. Little Mermaid 'Janet'! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, I am lucky. Hope they all survive. Some of them will be traded because I don't have enough space to keep doubles. I like Little Mermaid too. It should be compact and have nice fragrance. Strangely tag said "marmaid", but the correct hybrid name has "mermaid" in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure they will, as you have kept plenty of 'chids alive. I would say you are a great grower! Goodness, with all this trading and buying that I will be doing come spring, my two stand I hope to build will get filled FAST!!!

    ReplyDelete