Phalaenopsis violacea v. coerulea:

I was very surprised to get it with spike and bud. Anyway, I think this bud is going to die, it looks like it starts drooping :(. Probably because of environment change. There is also some black patch on one leaf, it doesn't seem to spread, but probably I should just cut it off.
I am extremely jealous!!! Is this a Norton indigo? If so, I am first in line if there is ever a kieki!
ReplyDeleteNo, it's not Norton's breed, just regular coerulea. They had a small seedling from Norton's line at $25 in the price list, but when I asked for the name, they said "it is a seedling from Norton's parents with really good color". That didn't sound too convincing, I didn't buy it.
ReplyDeleteOn the sad note - bud dropped. The flower stem is still green, hope it will grow another bud.
Ok. Well, I am sure another bud will grow, and I am looking forward to seeing it in bloom! :)
ReplyDelete