This was legitimate purchase since Vanda tessellata was on my wish list. Young but quite large division with two long roots that grow vertically. I curled one of the roots back into vase and peeled couple leaves from the bottom to free some nodes for new roots. Now I can remove it from the wish list :)
Hi, just a quick q about the 'peeling off the leaves', did you this before, and is this needed for getting the plant to put out more roots? I have a Vanda Tricolor in not the best of shapes, it's stable but not doing anything. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if it will "get" plant to put out roots. I did it on my V. coerulea because it arrved wih bottom leaves damaged by heat. The leaves didn't look nice so I just peeled them off and now many of those leaf nodes are producing a fresh root.
ReplyDeleteThis V.tesselata had leaves down to the very bottom and being squished in a vase they would probably die anyway, so I decided to check if removing a few would result in faster roots too. I will do an update when there will be some results