Saturday, December 10, 2011

Vanda Gordon Dillon Blue

Here is the newest addition to my collection of blue vandas. Small seedling of Vanda Gordon Dillon Blue came with nice and healthy roots. It got appropriate vase and its place on the sunny windowsill:



Vanda Gordon Dillon was registered back in 1978 and is a cross between V. Madame Rattana and V. Bangkok Blue (I have seedling of that one too).

This hybrid needs to grow pretty large before it will be ready to bloom, so I am here on the long wait for flowers.

2 comments:

  1. I've recently left one of my Vanda type orchids out on a counter (it's in a vase) and I'm surprised that the root tips are still growing even in the lower humidity environment of my home (although it is getting watered twice a day). Are you seeing success growing this way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, almost all my vandas are in vases and they seem to like it.

    ReplyDelete