For experiment I have chosen two adult ones - Ascda Princess Mikasa and V. Roberts Delight because:
- they have strong foliage and look pretty robust comparing to seedlings;
- they are pretty common and will be easier to replace then my vanda species if something goes wrong;
- they were in the largest vases and required the most work to water everyday.
So, I trimmed the roots to curl them into unglazed clay pots. Put lots of packing p-nuts to about half pot depth and topped them with a haNdful of large bark pieces for asda and chc for vanda.
I am planning to water them every third day but will mist the exposed roots daily. After sometime I might modify this routine. Hope it will work.
Here is what came out of it:
Interesting experiment. Hope they do well. I used to grow them when we lived in Houston, but then grew them outdoors in cedar baskets with almost no medium.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I wish I could grow orchids outside year round!
ReplyDeleteExcuse me for asking but what happened to them?
ReplyDeleteExcuse me for asking but what happened to them?
ReplyDelete