Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paph armeniacum II

A week passed and there is not much changes to the actual bud, but the spike sure got much taller.
The picture is sort of clumzy because I wanted to see the full length of the spike:



Although maybe it did get a bit fuller and plump, or maybe it is just a wishful thinking. Just like watched kettle that never boils.






I think I will do the next update in two weeks...

4 comments:

  1. Do you plan on staking up the spike if it grows any taller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know yet. Depends how large the flower will appear, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read somewhere you shouldn't stake paph spikes until they're pretty much opened - not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My spike is leaning after the source of light, but it looks pretty strong, so if flower is not too heavy, it should be ok on its own.

    ReplyDelete