Thursday, February 9, 2012

Paphiopedilum wenshanense

Very cute and small Paphiopedilum wenshanense is actually ready to bloom. I think it is trying to have a spike but it is either blasting or not developing correctly. Or maybe it is just slow.



A new fan is forming on the back, so if this bud will not work - there is a back up:





I love the look of paphs with mottled leaves. I would grow them even if they didn't flower, just for the leaves

3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get an orchid where the leaves aren't one of the "grassy thing with a bulb" variety so typical of orchids!
    My Maudiae type paph, also with mottled leaves, is busy putting out an enormously long spike - can't wait for the bud to finally open, it's been getting fatter and fatter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! I don't have any Maudiae types yet, but will be trying them too.
    They do take their time with spikes testing our patience.

    ReplyDelete