Monday, March 5, 2012

Ascocentrum miniatum

Tiny Ascocentrum miniatum seedling is getting bigger and pushing out yet another new leaf.



It resides in a sunny window without any shade and with sun getting stronger - it got all the freckles.
I don't know if I should move it to the shadier place or just leave it as is. The leaves are strong and thick, it seems that sun doesn't bother them much...

2 comments:

  1. I would keep it where it is. Strong freckling is an indication of proper lighting. I would probably move it in late spring to avoid the brightest and hottest part of the day. Also, as a heads up, garayi is often sold as miniatum according to http://www.orchidspecies.com/ascocminiatum.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's great that it has enough sunlight.
    I am planning to take my plants outside when it is warm enough. Garayi and miniatum do look very similar.

    ReplyDelete