Saturday, March 24, 2012

Montreal Orchid Show

Some pictures from orchid show in Montreal this weekend.
Click the picture to see the full size. I actually have many-many more, but I need to resize each of them, because they are 4928X3264, so I will do it gradually in batches and publish under the label : Les Orchidophiles de Montreal Orchid Show - March 2012 - Montreal
If you are interested to see them, please check back to that link.
Oh, and I was smart this time and made sure to capture the label of each plant.
So, here is the first batch:

Milt. Safron Surprise



Dendrobium glomeratum



Paphiopedilums trio from Piping Rock display



Catlianthe Orange Crush



Phalaenopsis Lowland Juwel(yes, that's how it was spelled on the tag -Juwel, and I checked the Orchid Register website, it is correct name that was registered)




Bunch of masdies



Milt. Arnold Linsman




To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Lovely--I can't wait to see more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Lowland Juwel is AWESOME!!! One of them was for sale at my last OS meeting, and though I didn't have the money to buy it, my friend who bought it gave me a flower so I could use the pollen to breed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the show they had a big exposition telling about phals hybridizing and they showed this grex as an example. There was the whole display of the seedlings in bloom from the same parents.They looked similar but a bit different, some leaves were more mottled, the middle of the bloom was not the same etc.
    I snapped pics of several and will make a post with them some time.

    ReplyDelete