Thursday, March 15, 2012

Phalaenopsis cornucervi

Phal cornucervi has pretty sad history. Initially it arrived mounted with bunch of healthy roots and two inactive spikes.
I potted it into plastic pot with moss and promptly rotted most of the roots.
Scared of loosing the plant I took it out of pot and mounted on the piece of wood. There is a blogpost about it: Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi mounted

After a while I noticed that instead of improving it lost more roots that just dried out. I freaked out and potted it again but this time into smallest possible clay pot with sphagnum moss: Phal. cornucervi potted again

Now I can report that it was probably the right decision. Phal cornucervi now started a new healthy leaf, new root and activated a spike. There is a new bud growing now:



I don't hold my breath about the bud, because it probably will blast while the heat is still on, but at least there is some good activity going.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the save. Hopefully it is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It should get better in about a month when we turn the heat off completely and humidity will go up. Maybe I will get a flower after all.

    ReplyDelete