They are Paph. micranthum II and Paph. armeniacum II.
My first surprise was - how much the armeniacums flower is larger than micranthums. I never actually see them pictured together and for some reason assumed that micranthum bloom should be larger. It appears not:

Another surprise - how fast the micranthum bud developed comparing to armeniacum. I mean the time from discovering the bud and todays status.
Here is the micranthum as of today:

I am sure that petals will unwrap much more, but not sure if pouch will grow any larger. I like how delicately intricate the middle part is on micranthum, armeniacums is much simpler and bulkier(todays picture too):

To see the real shape of the blooms I would have to wait until the flowers will open completely, probably next weekend. So this was just a preview.
Absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you Susan! They are fascinating, especially micranthum. I can just sit and stare at it without getting bored :).
ReplyDelete