I got mine from the Piping Rock Orchids, it is a blooming sized plant.
When repotting, I have discovered nice fat old roots, but none of the new growing points on the roots:

Potted it into the bark mix. It is actually the Shultz orchid mix that I sorted out to keep only fine pieces:
I recently (an orchid show earlier this year) picked up a similar sized Paph Magic Lantern from Piping Rock Orchids as well. Despite most sellers saying it's an easy grower, there are several threads on the Internet with disappointed orchid enthusiasts unable to grow them well, so hopefully we fare better. I have not yet repotted mine. I'd love to know if/when you get yours to flower =)
ReplyDeleteAlso, this is my first Paph, so we shall see how it goes.
Congrats on your new paph! I also read that it was a good choice for beginners and blooms easier than both parents. Mine just lost three bottom leaves because of rot close to the base. Doesn't look good. Hope I won't loose it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with yours!
Thanks! I only just noticed you responded, my apologies. As an fyi, mine has a flower spike =). I'm very excited--my first Paph! I won't feel confident until a second flower next year, though, since so many people have reported losing it over time.
ReplyDeleteI hope yours has recovered from losing leaves.