Actually the label reads Phal. Gelblieber x Phal. venosa, but international orchid register states that this cross was registered in 1997 by Brother and its name is Phal. Brother Gelblienosa, so I will go with the name because, well, it is less writing.
P. Gelblieber = P. amboinensis x P. micholitzii.
It means that my phal has 50% of venosa and 25% of each - amboinensis and micholitzii. I suppose it could be fragrant too then.
You're starting to get a large collection of plants. Where are you growing them all?
ReplyDeleteThey are all over the house, mainly around the windows. Phals on the wall shelves against the window. Paphs and masdies in the basement all over the large bookcase.It feels like they are taking over the place :).
DeleteOMG!!!! This is going to be a FABULOUS hybrid!!!!! Now that I think of it, this is one of the hybrids I plan on making in the future, so I would love to be able to see what it looks like when it blooms!
ReplyDeleteReally?! I am wondering about the flower too. Couldn't find a picture anywhere on the web, just some pics of parents. Hope it will bloom for me.
ReplyDeleteHuh, that's strange, as I found pictures though google. Here's one of them, http://www.geocities.jp/newsilvertoshi/phal.brother.gelblienosa.nobby.JPG
ReplyDeleteThanks! Iprobably misspelled the name when searching. It does look interesting!
ReplyDelete