Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Phalaenopsis Tsay's Evergreen II

Phal Tsay's Evergreen II came in better conditions than the first one, it also has two spikes and even one flower open.



There is nothing green about the bloom, it is rather buttery yellow, so I have no idea why the "Evergreen" came up.
I bought some doubles of the phal hybrids because want to experiment with mounting on the tree fern slabs. I saw many pictures of Mervin's phals on the orchidboard and really like how they look. Of course our conditions are totally different and most likely I will kill my plants, but that's why I got doubles.
This plant has nice healthy leaves, some good roots, but I also cut some rotted ones when re-potting.



I will wait for both of them to start growing new roots and then will mount one.

Update: Turns out that Evergreen has nothing to do with the actual color. It is the name of the originator who registered this cross in 1995. The parents are Sheba's Elf and Yungho Princess Gelb.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm an orchid lover as well, and I was just looking around on Google for a place to buy this gorgeous little orchid, and I happened upon your blog! I love your banner with all the little Phals! Gorgeous! I'm following via GFC, and I'm looking forward to seeing how your culture results are going with these Phals! I hope they stay happy and bloom like crazy for you!

    Smiles, Jenn

    ReplyDelete