Thursday, May 10, 2012

Masdevallia Prince Charming

I pre-ordered Masd. Prince Charming from Ecuagenera. When picking it up from the show in March I was disappointed with the look of the foliage. It had ugly purple and yellow patches all over:



I wanted to just leave it and walk away, but representative said that it is a good strong plant and patches are from the sun exposure. He also said that if masdie dies, he will bring me the new one to the next show for free, so I took it.
I think he was right. Plant had nice roots and now produced two new growth:



I still don't like those yellow and purple patches on the leaves, but at least the new growth should be nice and green.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the new shoots becomes strong & healthy.

    I think I'm going to enjoy reading your blog and all your post on orchids here.
    Thanks for sharing.
    James from Garden Chronicles - Malaysia

    ReplyDelete