Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Paphiopedilum Lady Isabel

I really like Paphiopedilum stonei, but it is rather hard to find it of a good blooming size. Paph. Lady Isabel is a cross between stonei and rothschildianum. It is quite beautiful too. I got it from Piping Rock Orchids at the show.
There are two fans and it does look like blooming sized plant.
Of course I re-potted it right away to check the roots, because it came in the black plastic pot.
Here is what was inside the pot:



All cleaned up with media soaking beside and a new clear plastic pot waiting:



I liked the conditions of the roots, they have few new growing tips and there was no rotted parts to trim. I didn't bother to uncurl them because old media did wash out easy and I didn't want to disturb the roots too much.



Here is Paph. Lady Isabel potted into new pot. Our tiles are 13 inch wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment