
One day I was watering it and looked on the leaves underside. To my unpleasant surprise I found these sunken spots on two of the leaves - the older ones:

It is somewhat isolated from other phals and I monitored it for over a month now - the spots didn't change, didn't spread, and stay as they were when discovered. I am sure they were there when the plant arrived, it is just hard to see because of the pattern on the leaves - the spots are not visible from the top.
What could it be and is it dangerous to other phals?
It doesn't seem to bother plant, it shows the nice healthy growths and newest mature leaf is clean.
I would hate to throw it away, but will if it is something bad.
We have some random damage on some of the leaves of some of our older orchids. Without actual visible bugs, I would not recommend throwing it away, as it's probably fine.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the advice. I wiped it with alcohol all over, just in case and will let it stay and monitor the newer leaves. Hopefully they will remain clean.
ReplyDelete