Sunday, June 17, 2012

Phal. hybrid with missing tag

Well, actually tag is not missing, but rather was misplaced. It can be either Phal. Gelblieber x venosa(I bought two of those) or Phal. Equalacea x venosa.




One of them looked almost dead, the other was being potted. They both were out of pots, tags mixed up, and I had no idea which plant belongs to which tag. I threw away the one that looked bad and this one can be one of those two names.




Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to id it by the look of the leaves.
If anybody can - please do.
Otherwise I'd have to wait until it blooms. So for now it is logged under Phal. hybrid with missing tag.


Update. Here is the picture of my labeled Gelblieber x venosa to compare:



They do look similar, don't they?

3 comments:

  1. The leaves are reminiscent of Phal. violacea, which tend to be very waxy and a little bit wavy in appearance. So my strong suspicion is Phal. Equalacea x venosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, I think it could be the Gelblieber x venosa. It definitely has venosa like leaves, but I know Gelblieber has round leaves too. The best way to be able to tell would be the size of the leaves. The Equalacea cross should have smaller leaves due to the equestris influence. If you have another labelled Gelblieber x venosa, compare the shape and size of the leaves of the two plants, that should help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your opinions guys. I have compared it to my other Brother Gelblienosa and they do look similar, but then again to me it looks similar to many other orchids from my list. I also have the cross of Equalacea and amboinensis(I will post it soon) and it looks similar to that one too.

    ReplyDelete