Thursday, June 14, 2012

Phalaenopsis flask update

Well, I am just posting here pictures so I could ask on the forum if planlets look crowded and have to be deflasked. I bought the flask a month ago, and I can see that babies grew since then.
To my newbies eye they look crowded and I am itching to take them out, but then I also don't want to cause their death because I took them out too early.
So here are the pics:












Update:
According to the knowledgeable folks on the Orchid Board, I should leave plants in for at least a month or maybe more. Until there is no more head space. Apparently they like to be crowded.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they look pretty amazing!!! Unfortunately, I don't know when they should be deflasked, but I would love to sew every seedling of this cross bloom out in the future, as I too enjoy seeing diversity in crosses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every seedling" is probably a stretch. I am lucky if at least couple survives. How long do phals take from flask to bloom?

    ReplyDelete