Saturday, July 21, 2012

Adenium obesum


Here is what blooms every year without care, totally forgotten, rarely watered and not re-potted for many years.




I grew this adenium from a seed, it is about 6 years old. It spends summers outside in full sun, grows leaves and branches, gets water from the rains and blooms. When cold days come - I take it inside, where it usually looses most of the leaves and does nothing until spring.



I think it is the easiest houseplant to grow.

2 comments:

  1. When did it bloom first? how many years old? i have a 2 or 3 year old seedling. I just sowed some seeds of Plumeria that sprouted so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think adenium bloomed when it was three years old. I started to take it outside for the summer right then. It needs full sun to bloom.
    I had a plumeria tree a while ago too but had to get rid of it when we moved into smaller house. It was too huge and never bloomed actually.
    Adeniums and plumerias are easy to start from seed and fun to watch them grow.

    ReplyDelete