Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another deflasking

This is my "early birthday present" - one more flask from Kingfisher Orchids - Phal. Hawaii Dragon Girl (Phal. Dragon Tree Eagle ‘DT1’ X Phal. Penang Girl ‘Ching Ruey’).



It had large plants that were totally ready to come out:



Plants were tangled together with their long roots:



It took a while to carefully separate them and rinse under warm water. It turned out that instead of 20 plantlets there were over 40. I had to pot couple of them separately so they wouldn't bully the others with their excessive roots:



I hope they all will make it...

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, those are some pretty amazing seedlings! I have Catts and Bulbos to trade for some of these and your other seedlings of you are willing! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning to keep them in these compots until spring and then will try to maybe separate them into single pots - at least the larger ones. Depending on their survival rate I might be able to trade/sell some - it would be tough to find space for 40 new potted plants if they all would be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice seedlings.....Soon.....will see all of theese with flowers

    ReplyDelete