Monday, July 30, 2012

Buds and active spikes

Here are some coming up blooms. Well, for now they are just buds or even spikes that started or activated.

Phalaenopsis bellina II. This one is very close to opening, maybe tomorrow, the color is already showing through the petals:



Phal. Brother Gelblienosa II (venosa x Gelblieber). It will have several blooms:



Phalaenopsis cornucervi red. After very brief one week rest each of its spikes already have red buds:



Phal. Equalacea coerulea:



Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. {Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. (Buena Jewel x Peach State Red)} x P. (Su-An Super Star x George Vasquez) activated old weirdly angled spike and started another one:



4 comments:

  1. Is that the same cornu-cervi red that was blooming prolifically for you just a few months ago? If so, that's one great orchid! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the one. When heat came up and humidity dropped down to 40% - it lost the buds and took a break. I put it into humidity tray and it started new buds promptly.
    It is certainly one of my favorits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep watching for a post with a spike on your Paph Magic Lantern! Mine's been blooming for a while now, hope yours is doing alright. Also, I made my own webpage just so I could log my plants: apostasy.dyndns.org/~winktwice My pictures aren't as high quality as yours, and most of my plants are still seedlings, so there aren't a lot of flowers, but I'd love advice and thoughts =) (I'm learning html as I do this, so I will be encrypting my email address and sticking it on my pages soon).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winktwice - I am glad yours is blooming. Mine doesn't do anything, I am starting to get disappointed with my paphs - they are so slow to even grow, don't mention bloom.
    Phals are taking over...
    Nice website you have there. I really liked the progress pictures of opening Magic Lantern bloom.
    Good luck with your orchids!

    ReplyDelete