Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Phalaenopsis amboinensis var. common

Phal. amboinensis var. common came from Kingfisher Orchids almost a year ago in the fall. Somehow I managed to rot all the roots on it almost instantly. I peeled all the mushy stuff from the root strings and potted it up into sphag with just inner strings.
I was pretty sure it would be gone soon.
To my surprise plant started to grow a new leaf, then another. It was hanging on with just root strings until the spring, new leaves came out smaller than the previous ones.
When spring came - it started multiple roots at once and a third leaf.
Now it looks like totally recovered, so I am entering it here.



View from the other side:



Hope future leaves will come in a normal size with all the roots.

1 comment:

  1. Nice save. I once had a Phal amabalis lose 100 percent of its leaves and still come back. These suckers can be resilient.

    ReplyDelete