
At first sight I thought that I got two separate plants with one and two p-bulbs each, but when re-potting I realized that they all belong to one same plant and there is a runner connecting farthest bulb to the rest.

I was surprised to see how fine and fragile the roots are, and probably damaged some of them when removing old moss.
If this one survives some time under my care, I will get more bulbos. So far on my list are:
Bulbophyllum frostii - miniature with flowers looking like dutch shoes and Bulbophyllum sumatranum - for their large striking blooms.
They both are available from J&L Orchids that will be visiting Montreal show in October.
Personally, I've found bulbophyllums to be quite a bit easier than phalaenopsis. Your first choices are good ones. They're very popular for a reason.
ReplyDeleteGreat, thanks! Now I can't stop browsing through all the bulbo species and just added Bulb. macranthum to my wish list.
ReplyDeletebela muda, ele é lindo
ReplyDeleteabraços