Wednesday, September 5, 2012

C. aurantiaca x L. angereri


C. aurantiaca x L. angereri is growing a new pseudobulb.



Normally with all other my catts it wouldn't be a big deal - most of them grew more than one p-bulb since spring.
However it is a very big deal for C. aurantiaca x L. angereri because since its appearance here last fall it didn't grow a thing until now.
I mean there were new roots of course but all catts grow new roots like crazy, I wanted a new growth that potentially could flower some time in the future.
Stubborn plant was just sitting there doing nothing and I was questioning the usefullness of this purchase.
So, I was really happy to discover this little nub growing into new bulb.

2 comments:

  1. Um belo broto, lindo e forte.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this orchid as a bonus plant from Cloud's orchids as a middle size seedling. Mine has been growing kind of fast. I have it in bright light and in sphagnum moss. Finding pictures of this thing in bloom is rare but I liked the only picture that I did find.
    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete