Naturally it had to have a travelling companion(actually three), so I got four cattleyas.
Here is the one that is responsible for the whole order - Cattleya schilleriana:

I like ordering from Clouds, their plants are always extremely healthy and something listed as medium seedling usually looks substantial enough to pass for a large one.
Cattleya schilleriana is a small sized fragrant catt. that originated from Brasil. You can see the bloom picture here.
On the website about orchid species its synonym listed as C. aclandiae var. schilleriana. So, I guess my schilleriana is a close relative of aclandiae - another small fragrant cattleya I would like to get, especially the coerulea var.
Leaves are a bit dark comparing to my other cattleyas and, I checked, they are supposed to have red tinge on the underside.
My plant came potted into plastic pot with moss - road to death for any cattleya under my care, so I repotted it into clay pot with chc right away.
Hopefully it will adjust to the new conditions without problems.
Que bela planta, super saudável
ReplyDeleteabraços