Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dendrobium cochliodes

I am not a big fan of dendrobiums, probably because they associate with the view of the leafless canes to me. I like when plants look neat even without flowers.
Despite that I did have one dendro - noId from discount shelf, that does grow - probably because I don't fuss much with it.
Lately I became interested in the antelope dendrobiums and even purchased small antennatum seedling from Ecuagenera, but promptly killed it because it was very weak from beginning with started rot in place.
Now I got hold of three small seedlings of Dendrobium cochliodes. It is claimed to be hot to warm grower with medium to high light, which I should be able to provide in my indoors or orchidarium (when I get it).



I never saw the flowers in person, but found pictures on the web, they look spectacular.
Seedlings appear pretty strong, have some viable roots, hopefully they will survive.
Since my noID grows nicely in chc, I have potted the new babies the same way - clay pots with chc.

No comments:

Post a Comment