Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Laelia alaorii

Laelia alaorii was a travelling companion for my Cattleya schilleriana. It is a small species but it is also a small seedling of the small species which makes it practically microscopic.
It is mounted onto piece of wood:



The wood piece is very small too but of course it looks gigantic comparing to laelia.
Here is the closer look of the plant:



I would rather grow it potted but am afraid to break it when taking off the mount -it looks so fragile.
I really hope it survives and grows a bit so I wouldn't be so scared to handle it.

3 comments:

  1. Alaori é muito linda, adoro planta em madeira.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just how small is it? What's the scale on that mount?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The piece of wood is about 4 inch tall.The plant itself is about an inch -inch and a half. Really tiny.

      Delete