Saturday, November 24, 2012

Phalaenopsis venosa

I got this plant for a while, it arrived here during summer, I just forgot to log it in.
There is not much I can say about Phalaenopsis venosa, never saw one blooming in person, but read somewhere that flowers smell like crushed centipede. Since then I decided to smell crushed centipede but never had a chance yet.



My plant used to be a keiki because I found the remainings of an old spike that it was connected to the mother plant with. There wasn't much roots but maybe it improved lately, plant has started a new leaf recently.
Hopefully I will have a chance to smell the flower before I will find the crushed centipede.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I haven't smelt crushed centipede, but I have smelt venosa, and to me it smells like a mixture of ham and sushi (raw, but fresh fish smell).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww! That sounds gross. Now I am really curious to smell venosa flower.

      Delete