Thursday, December 6, 2012

Paph. Lady Isabel update

This is just an update on one of my multifloral paphiopedilum hybrids - Lady Isabel.



The older fan got some type of rot inside the new growth during the summer, rot didn't spread, but fan will not grow anymore and definitely won't bloom. Newer fan keeps growing nicely.
Another good thing - the roots still look good:



Lady Isabel also survived the mites attack and there are still some scars visible on her leaves. Since mites are airborne and appear in dry conditions I am trying to mist my paphs as often as I can, but of course it increases the risk of rot. Well, it is either that or mites and I don't know what is worse.

Paphiopedilums as genus are giving me the most pest problems comparing with phals, vandas and catts. Considering how seldom they bloom, I am not sure if I even want to buy anymore of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment