
Two of them - because I have two trays with phalaenopsis seedlings that I deflasked recently. They are pretty cheap and come in different sizes, some of them fit under two or four trays. I bought two of the one tray size because I don't have large enough spot to fit two or more trays together.
I could feel warmth coming out of them right away and the trays bottoms felt quite warm to touch. I put the thermometer to see how high the temps will go inside with closed domes - it rapidly jumped over 30 C.
I freaked out that seedlings will cook in there, opened trays and put folded towel between the mats and the trays. Temps went down to 29 C, I closed the domes and was watching it for a while. Temps stayed at 29, so I guess plants shouldn't cook.
I decided to buy heat mats after reading web on care after deflasking. Many sources claim that bottom heat is very beneficial for small seddlings.
We'll see if my babies will grow any faster.
No comments:
Post a Comment