Thursday, December 13, 2012

Seedlings on heat mats

So, my phalaenopsis seedlings spent three days on the heat mats and they are still alive and growing.



I was monitoring temps and humidity and noticed that during night temps are around 25-27 C, during day 27 C and in the evening when whole family gathers in the office in front of their computers (three working computers, three persons and a dog in the smallish room) - temps in the trays get up to 29-30 C.



Humidity is between 60 and 70% and creates a lot of condensation on the domes. It gets up to 70%, I open the domes to wipe them and it drops to 60%, then I close the domes and it climbs back to 70%.



I am not sure if 30C is too high temps for seedlings. Clay pots feel warm at the bottom but not hot. The sphagnum moss dries faster now, so I need to check on them more often.
Hope I am doing the right thing with all this heating...

No comments:

Post a Comment