
Cute little shiny device, it has pretty long retractable cord which is still too short to reach my plug outlet. Very quiet. On the left there is a knob that allows you to control the speed.
I am not sure where I am going to put it yet. Should it stand on the floor of the tank, or hang closer to the ceiling? In the middle or on one side? Maybe I should have bought two of them?
I am leaving all these questions to be solved next weekend...
On the light topic - I removed one tube from the light fixture. 4 tubes appeared too strong for my phals that have tall leaves. Cornu-cervi red and pulchra got too much of purple freckles that don't look very healthy. Since I hanged lots of seedlings on the back wall and they don't want too bright light, I moved fixture a bit forward and removed front tube. Will see how it goes.
For what purpose a fan?
ReplyDeleteOrchid tank keeps pretty high humidity in a closed space. I am afraid that without some air movement all kinds of mold will start to grow, so I am planning to run the fan there periodically to move the air around.
DeletePersonally, I run my fans 100 percent of the time at 100 percent speed.
ReplyDeleteThis is actually the fan i bought and used for my first set up as well. They lasted about a year to year and a half and actually had fairly decent air speed.
Great, thank you for the info. Should it hang above plants or just sit on the floor?
DeleteI put mine at the top four two reasons. 1. Do that there's more space for plants and 2. So that i don't get as much water on the fan as I'm spraying
ReplyDeleteThanks, those reasons make sense. I hung it in the top left corner. That should work.
DeleteIm reading your tank journey and it's amazing. I never seen egg crate sheet like that in my county the Netherlands but im so intreaged by this... i love it actualy so if i ever get the change to buy a bug terrarium with doors i will.. i wil have to read on cus i want to know what happends next.
ReplyDeleteKind regards rose.
Ps im a new subscriber on youtube and found the link to this blog. Im so happy i found you...