Friday, March 8, 2013

Deflasked seedlings update

This is all about Hawaii Dragon Girls. I noticed that some larger plantlets started to grow real adult round leaves. They did however look somewhat crowded in their compots. I didn't want them to come out all crooked and swirly, so I decided to separate those that were larger and bullying others.

Each of them got individual little pot - either plastic net pot or clay like this:



I was pleased by the look of the roots, even on the smaller seedlings:



They all were grouped into compots like this:



I didn't touch compots that contained smallest plantlets since there were no problems of crowdness. Here is a result of all the manipulations.
The family picture of all my Hawaii Dragon Girls:



There are about 25 seedlings still in compots and 13 seedlings in the individual pots.



Couple more years and I might see blooms, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment