
After successful recovery from total root loss - Phalaenopsis amboinensis var. common has now decided to bloom. The plant is still small and I would actually prefer it if it just grew some more roots and leaves to gain more strength, but as always, plants know better what to do.

The spike is very small and will take months to develop, but it is a good start.
I now have many plants growing new spikes, some are totally unexpected, but there are also two plants that I actually do expect to spike, keep checking them every day, but - nada.
They are: larger javanica and bellina ('Ingrid Ohh' x 'Joy' AM/AOS). Both look healthy and strong enough to bloom, but it seems they are testing my patience in a very brutal way.
Is that ambo var. common from Patrick? Mine has had a spike since I received it and its done nothing. If your javanica goes missing, I am completely innocent! ;)
ReplyDeleteYes, this one is from Patrick, so I am in for a long wait then. Your bellina from Patrick did bloom though, mine just sitting there. I wonder why.
DeleteI think it could have been chance. Unfortunately it had a bad case of mites which destroyed the crown and spike, so I had to get rid of it. Thankfully I know that any plant from this cross is bound to have amazing flowers, so I'll just pick up a replacement come spring.
DeleteThat's too bad, hope they are still available, so you could get a new one. Can't wait for new catalogue from Patrick.
DeleteIf they aren't from Patrick, I know a Canadian member of Big Leaf Orchids who has a few compots. I am also overwhelmed with excitement for spring and his catalogue!
ReplyDelete