Sunday, April 14, 2013

Phal. equestris orange

Equestris orange lives in the tank number two.
It is one of the few that had issues with high T5 HO light and displayed burgundy coloration on the leaves:



Meanwhile roots were growing like crazy and I thought about repotting it because one root started to stick out of the bottom drainage hole.



But then I discovered a spike start and decided to wait with repotting.



I figured that I have several equestris hybrids, two types of equestris species - blue and orange but still don't have the regular form. That's wrong, I have to get one...

2 comments:

  1. I have a small kieki of 'Orange' that came off of a mother plant I received that had self destructed. I also had a 'Blue', but that died too. Oh, the list of things to buy come spring is ever growing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost killed my blue with root rot in the humidity tray, now it is slowly coming back - growing new roots. I am not even sure if I like equestris that much now (prefer larger star-shaped fragrant blooms lately), but I guess the collectors mind urges me to still gather them.

      Delete