Saturday, April 27, 2013

Phal. Princess Kaiulani IV

Yet one more Princess Kaiulani is joining my collection but I still have just three of them because the number III died recently.
I got the new one from Ten Shin Gardens during the show in Ottawa for only $20. It has a spoiled bloom on a short spike.

The roots look fine:



Potted into net pot with sphagnum:



I am hoping it will be different from my other PKs.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to tell if this is a PK 'Chin Yo' or not. . . The flower looks pretty red, but it's possible that 'CY' turns red as it fades. I've pollinated my PK 'CY' flowers, so I can't comment on if it fades like that or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got picture of fading PK 'CY' fading flower here and it seems that the petal edges are more yellow than here. Althouh they might be at different stages of fading...

      Delete