Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pictures from Ottawa orchid show

Just a few pictures of plants that impressed me for one or another reason.

Incredible Phal. lueddemanniana with thousands of keikis, roots and blooms.



Pictures came out dark because lighting above it was not great and my flash didn't help much, but you get the idea. Here is the closer view of the part of the plant:



And here how the flowers look on it:



I have lueddemanniana with one keiki and now am really thinking of keeping it on the mother plant and try to grow such a specimen myself.

Now the humongous Bulb. phalaenopsis:



You can see how huge it is comparing to the phrag on the picture - phrags are not small plants. The flower looks so cool all fuzzy:



I never knew they could grow so big. Certainly not the plant for my growing space.

A group of Masdevallia coccinea alba:



And Masdevallia Bella Donna, because I can't grow them:



A specimen of Dendrobium densiflorum. I am not a huge fan of dendrobiums but would like to have this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment