Thursday, May 23, 2013

Seedlings available to sell

I did an assessment of my deflasked seedlings and realized that all of them survived and are progressing well, which I didn't expect really for it being my first deflasking.
Anyways, I decided to sell some of them on ebay, hoping to raise some money for new flask purchase and free some space for new seedlings.
As a test I created a listing for one compot here:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Phalaenopsis-Hawaii-Dragon-Girl-compot-/111079020481
Here is how the seedlings.
Group shot with a dollar to give an idea of their size:



Compot 1 (currently listed on ebay)



Compot 2



Compot 3



Compot 4



Now, obviously since I never sold anything on ebay before, my feedback is 0 and judging from my own buying habits - it is not likely anyone would actually bid on it. I wonder how first timers go about building their feedback.
Any suggestions from experienced ebay sellers? Does the listing look ok? Is the start price reasonable?

I am also willing to trade for any paph or phal seedling compots except standard phals with large side petals. I prefer star-shaped ones and fragrant. I posted the trade thread on the OB in the Orchid lounge section.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm new to your blog...stopped by from Orchids on a Balcony...checking out your ebay listing....Congrats on your seedlings that's awesome. As a new orchid lover, I'm starting my new collection and would love to bid, but I'm in the US. One tip for building your feedback, look for $1 listings free shipping you'd be surprised what you find...and purchase 10 or 20 to get you started. Good Luck on your auction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine. Thanks for visiting and for the great advice. I have checked your blog, what a wonderful stitching patterns!

      Delete