For some time I have been working on a small reference app that I thought might be fun to use for some people who is into orchids, hybrids and their parentage. It is far from being finished yet, focuses only on phals at the moment and wasn't properly tested too (it is my hobby project and I have very limited spare time, so maybe you'll help me to test it), but I think I can now share the first draft of "beta version" (are these correct terms ?).
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pictures of all the crosses created so most of the pages have ugly placeholder "sorry no picture yet" but ultimately in ideal world each plant page should look like this:
http://phalaenopsis.orchideya.ca/Plants/P/Penang-Girl-id%3df317628d-fcf4-4362-8bf9-977ebb1b441f
or this:
http://phalaenopsis.orchideya.ca/Plants/S/Siam-Treasure-id%3d4e093a28-a1c2-495c-9b4c-7fc20d05f3fd
And the left bottom part of the page (now empty) will have online availability of each cross (that only if I find vendors who doesn't mind to have their inventory listed).
I am still working on that part.
Well, let me know what you think and if you find any issues please let me know too, so I could fix them. You can email to orchideya2012 at gmail.com
Also if anybody would like to contribute images of the phal crosses to be published there - please send them via same email above along with copyright info.
Wow, this is abso AMAZING!!!! I totally love this idea, and I will help with pictures whenever possible.
ReplyDeleteGreat,thanks!
Delete