Sunday, June 23, 2013

Deflasked seedlings update

Phalaenopsis Hawaii Dragon Girl grows much faster, but they were also larger sized when I took them out of flask. Unfortunately I lost two of my "pick-of-the-litter" from this batch to some kind of rot. The edges of the leaves got watery, see-through, I freaked out and threw them away.
Here is what's left:



There are still too many for my limited space, so I am planning to leave 15 largest ones for myself (back two rows), and get rid of the 5 compots at the front. Two of them (with larger seedlings) are already spoken for. The other three might have too small seedlings, so maybe I should just throw them away. I don't know if they are worth the space, even though I can see them growing.

Phal. Bedfrod Nonpareil seedlings are much slower.



I am thinking of throwing away two compots in clay pots that were just protocorms without any roots when I deflasked and being newb - potted them too. Now I know that too small ones might as well be eliminated at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment