Friday, August 23, 2013

Phalaenopsis pollination results

A week ago on Friday I did my first pollination attempt. Then for the whole week I was watching the flowers to see the changes that would suggest any positive results. Now I think I see them. Well at least I hope they are there.
I cross pollinated Phal. violacea 'Orchis 01' and I-Hsin George. Here are the exact flowers that I used:



The bloom on violacea is loosing purple color and becomes green:



I-Hsin George bloom one week after pollination:



I think something is going on. If there are experienced people reading this, could you confirm?

2 comments:

  1. Sempre lindas suas Phalaenopsis.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little doubt that something is happening. The next step is to wait and see if a pod develops and holds. That will take a little while, but eventually the ovary behind the flower will swell and then the question is whether it will be viable.

    ReplyDelete