Monday, August 12, 2013

V. Roberts Delight 'Garnet Beauty'

One more Vanda spiked in my orchid tank number two, Vanda Roberts Delight 'Garnet Beauty':



Last time it bloomed in summer 2011 while growing in glass vase. After that flowering I decided to pot it into bark with packing peanuts at the bottom and that was a big mistake. All roots rotted down to two small leftovers. I was sure that plant will be lost but gave it a chance - kept it in the clay pot with a handful of chc watering quite frequently.

It took two years to grow new roots strong enough for it to spike again.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! This is very heartening to see, that vandas can recover even if it takes a long time! I have a vanda sansai blue whose roots are mostly rotten :( But it has started making 1 new root. Seeing the progress on your Garnet Beauty has given me hope! :) I hope you'll post pictures of the flowers when they bloom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! From what I've read not many manage to save their Vandas from rotting. It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete