Monday, October 14, 2013

Phal. LD's Bear Queen seedlings update

LDBQ seedlings were deflasked in June, so they are just over 3 months old and they are growing really nicely. I think it is so far the most vigorous seedlings from all my deflaskings. It seems like very soon they will catch up with HDG that I deflasked in summer 2012.

Here is the picture:



I moved the larger ones from net pots to clay pots because roots started to come out from the net and weave around it. I already had this happening with HDG seedlings so badly that I had to cut the pot to free the roots. Now I decided to not wait that long.
Seedlings didn't mind moving and took off right away filling the wide clay pots with new roots.

What is different fromprevious phalaenopsis deflaskings? These guys went straight to orchid tank with t5 ho lights and constant temps and humidity (no trays with domes, no heating mats, no fuss) and, I guess, it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment