Monday, February 24, 2014

Phal. cornu-cervi 'red' x Tsay's Evergreen bloom

Finally my Phal. cornu-cervi 'red' x Tsay's Evergreen managed to produce a flower. With several mature spikes you'd think it wouldn't need over a year to show its blooms, but here we go. I have had it since summer 2012 and only now it decided to flower.



I really like the flower. Contrast between yellow and white is amazing. Bloom has hard vaxy texture just like cornu-cervi. Although, there is not much red.



Only few randomly placed faintly red patches and some reddish color around the column.



4 comments:

  1. I am trying to contact you but I can't locate any contact form or email address. You have a great horticulture journal and an eye for photography. I would like to invite you as a guest writer on MyOrchid (it's in the process of launching multilingual). Here's a preview of what to expect in terms of functionality http://myorchid.gr/blog/microblogs/ Thank you for your consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the invitation! I will definitely check out your project.

    ReplyDelete