Monday, March 17, 2014

Phal. cornu-cervi red

Cornu-cervi red still goes on with the blooming:



It is hard to photograph because bloom is waxy and shiny by itself and when I use flash - there is too much shine, but when I don't use flash - there is too little shine...


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog and phalaenopsis reference tool! I've been thinking about doing my first cross (with the goal of creating something similar to Mituo King Bellina) and your site has been immensely helpful. I read about a flash tip that I've actually never tried, but might be appropriate in this situation: try covering your camera's flash with tissue or toilet paper to diffuse the harsh light. It might help capture the waxiness of your flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nice comments about my website and also for suggestion on photography, I should defifnitely try it..
      And good luck with your cross! Bellina is my absolute favorite species, so anything with word 'bellina' triggers my smile :)

      Delete